The starting point in a search for resources about our church purpose might be determining what our purpose is and learning how to reach it.
Resources to Determine & Learn About our Church Purpose
The two resources in the Church Purpose Bundle help leaders think through how the Lord’s priorities to love God with all of who we are and to love people affects the way they lead. Each item can be ordered separately or together. Each item, as well as the bundle, can also be ordered in a quantity of up to 25 at a great saving to use with your leadership team. You’ll find all these variations listed at: Church Leadership Training Resources
If, as the above resources suggest, we view Jesus’ top priorities to love God and others (Matt. 22:37-40) as our church purpose, then we look for resources to help us in that.
Resources Specifically Geared to Following God’s Purposes to Love
- 10 Commandments Teach How to Love God
- 10 Commandments Teach How to Love People
- Compelled by Love?
- Keeping the Right Priorities Takes Perspective
- Keeping the Right Priorities Takes Divine Power
- Love One Another
- Loving God the Top Priority in Your Church?
- Loving People a Priority in Your Church?
- To Love More & More
- Life Changing Love: Moving God’s Love from Your Head to Your Heart by John Ortberg
- Love One Another: Becoming the Church Jesus Longs For by Jerry Sittser
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Great Commandment Principle by David Ferguson
Curriculum & Bible Studies