- Does the budget reflect what you state as your church purpose?
- Is the budget truly a reflection of love for God and others … or a love of self, a love of buildings, a love of technology?
- How purposefully is the budget being developed or are you simply doing it how you always have done it?
- Are you willing to invest the time and effort into the budget to get it right so it lines up with God’s purposes?
- Are you running into problems getting people on board with this kind of approach to budgeting?
- Does such a deliberate approach to budgeting go against your personality or style?
- Are you making sure prayer and God’s Word is guiding the process and not mere administration?
This post poses more questions than answers. If we’re going to budget purposefully we must ask the hard questions.
The Steering the Church Toward God’s Purposes Leadership Guide includes these questions along with some brief thoughts to consider as you respond.