The Apostle Paul wanted to "know Christ and the power of his resurrection" (Phil. 3:10) because He understood how incomparably great that power is and he prayed others would see its significance as well.
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms ... (Eph. 1:18-20)
6 Important Truths about Resurrection Power for the Church
Paul's prayer for the Ephesians is packed full of truths leaders need to grasp to guide the church toward this same passion.
- Resurrection power is apprehended by "the eyes of your heart" being "enlightened in order that you may know" this power.
- Resurrection power must be affiliated with "the hope to which he has called you" and "the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints."
- Resurrection power can be assessed as an "incomparably great power."
- Resurrection power is available "for us who believe."
- Resurrection power is attributed to "the working of His (God's) mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ."
- Resurrection power affects the past, present, and future as "He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms."
The Steering the Church Toward God's Power Leadership Guide briefly expounds on each of the above six points, along with its implication for leaders. It also looks at eight other means through which God's power works in and through us.
Practical Outworking of Resurrection Power in Leadership Tasks & ResponsibilitiesThe Train Church Leaders Practicum on this site gets practical about how the resurrection affects the various leadership tasks and responsibilities. It's not just an Easter phenomenon. Click on links below to learn more.
Share This with Others:
Train Church Leaders Practicum
Most Recent Posts:
- Encourage Church Staff to Regularly Feast on God's Word
- Jesus' Resurrection Provides the Keys to Coordination
- Jesus' Resurrection Takes Coordination to New Heights
Go To: Main Church Power Page - Other Leader Basics - Leader Qualities - Leader Skills - Practicum