As much as we would like to believe that everyone should get along in the Body of Christ, we know all too well the realities of churches dividing and the cause of Christ being marred. Face it, as a leader you will make decisions with which some will disagree. People may take offense to your approach. In some cases, you might not have done anything wrong. But, there will be times you fail. As a leader, you will also be faced with members who might not be offended by you but by others in the Body.
What do you do when conflict surfaces? You can choose to:
- ignore it with the hope it will resolve itself
- confront it face on with full abandonment
- simply pray about it and leave it in the Lord's hands
Or, you can choose to follow biblical ways of managing conflict.
All Posts in the Practicum Leading to Biblical Conflict ManagementThe following posts from the practicum on this site, will help you approach conflict management through the grid of Scripture keeping God's purposes, design, and mission for the Body central while looking to Him to make us more Christ-like as we pull on His power to rise above.
- Reason Conflict Management is an Important Skill for Leaders
- Not All Conflict is Bad
- A Litmus Test for Conflict
- Body Life Can Prevent Conflict
- Body Life Can Resolve Conflict
- Body Life Takes Responsibility in Conflict
- Conflict Hinders Fulfillment of the Great Commission
- The Right Mindset in Conflict
- The Right Reactions in Conflict
- Power of God Needed to Rise Above in Conflict
- To Rise Above Conflict, Follow God's Word
- To Rise Above Conflict, Go Back to the Gospel
- To Rise Above Conflict, Pray with the Right Motives
- To Rise Above Conflict, Pull on People's Spiritual Gifts
- To Rise Above Conflict, Rely on God's Grace
- To Rise Above Conflict, Remember Who's the Real Enemy
Go To: Other Leader Skills - Leader Basics - Leader Qualities - Practicum